Centre Manager, Maritime Mechatronics Principle Investigator
Contact DetailsEmail; email@example.com Phone; +353 (0)21 4335723
BiographyCormac is the founding Manager of the HALPIN Centre. He began his career in the merchant navy and while still at sea became very involved in maritime IT and radio communications related work. After coming ashore, he set up and ran a maritime transport and logistics research and innovation company before spending four years in computer science research focussed on machine learning. Before joining NMCI to set up HALPIN in 2012, he spent seven years with Transas, a maritime navigation systems multinational where he specialised in Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) and coastal monitoring and surveillance systems. In this period he worked extensively around the World including spending a year in China supporting the company's operations there. In addition to his centre management role, Cormac also heads up HALPIN's Maritime Mechatronics team. Cormac is a member of the NMCI College Senior Executive Team, of the CIT Research Ethics Committee and the CIT School of Graduate Studies Steering Committee.
Publications & Research Outputs
- The Final SYNCHRO-NET Vision. SYNCHRO-NET project deliverable D1.3, May 2017. Request access.
- The SYNCHRO-NET Vision. SYNCHRO-NET project deliverable D1.5, May 2016. Request access.
- Safey Assessment of O&M Access with regard to Human Resources. LEANWIND project (internal) deliverable, December 2015. Request access.
- Machine Learning for Portfolio Selection using Structure at the Instance Level?. Short paper for the Constraint Programming Conference 2003 held in Cork (CP2003). 2003
- Making Choices using Structure at the Instance Level within a Case Based Reasoning Framework. Constraint Programming, Artificial Intelligence & Operations Research Conference, 2004 (CPAIOR04). Nice, France.